Clean & Protect
- Wash and condition hair extensions with a moisturizing shampoo & conditioner. Let the conditioner sit for 5 minutes before rinsing.
- Towel dry when possible and apply a leave-in conditioner to ensure hair extensions are nourished. Be sure to get your ends good too!
- Always protect hair extensions from heated tools by using a thermal heat protector. This will prevent your hair from burning and causing damage to the wefts.
Brushing & Sleeping
- Use a professional extension brush to avoid breakage and damage to hair.
- Everything Hand Tied Hair Extension Brushes are specially designed for all hair extension types. Visit our shop for more details. The perfect gift for a new client.
- Braiding or styling the hair into a bun before bed is very important to protect hair from damage while sleeping. Use a weightless serum to lock in moisture.
- Sleep with a satin pillowcase at night especially for back sleepers. Cotton pillowcases cause friction when you move your head while sleeping. This friction prevents the hair from move freely and can cause mating. Plus satin pillowcases also help prevent wrinkles!
What to Avoid
- DO NOT sleep with wet hair. This can cause mating to the hair extensions wefts. Make sure the hair is 95% dry before you catch some shut-eye.
- DO NOT submerge hair in salt or chlorine water. We advise wearing your hair in a high bun while lounging in the water. Sorry, sis. It’s a sacrifice for beauty.
- DO NOT USE sunscreen with Avobenzone (Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane). It is an oil-soluble ingredient used to absorb the full spectrum of UVA rays. It can and will turn hair extensions orange, especially for you blonde babes! Read the ingredient label before applying. We always advise using caution when using any sunscreen.
- DO NOT USE Moroccan Oil – It will turn hair exchanges orange.
Products to Avoid
Do not use any products containing the following ingredients on hair extension wefts! They will cause damage to your glamourous mane. Talk to your stylist to ensure you are using the correct products on your hair. Always read the ingredient label before applying.
- Quaternium 80,95,16 – Encourages a fast-acting blow-dry and will cause hair breakage.
- Dimethicone only if followed by Dimethiconol. Do not use if only Dimethicone.
- Silicone-based products that are not water-soluble will adhere to the hair.
- Protein dominate based products – Hair becomes brittle and will break.
- Olaplex – it’s a bond-building product, protein-based.
Let us Help You!
Monday – Friday
9 am to 5 pm PST
1969 Rainier Circle
Petaluma, CA 94954